Monday, September 8, 2008

I Wanted a Britney Performance!!!

Last night I actually tuned in to the beginning of the MTV Video Music Awards expecting to see Britney Spears perform the show's opening. Would there be a great comeback or another trainwreck? I was, of course, deeply disappointed, since there was no Britney performance. Instead, there was a crappy taped segment with her and Jonah Hill, in which the gross fat-assed Hill kept trying to kiss her. Oh, that's so hilarious - it's the height of humor! Someone seriously needs to kill him to guarantee I never have to see him in anything ever again. The show then went live with her walking into the building, which looked liked a poorly dressed up warehouse (couldn't they get a large auditorium or performance hall of some sort, like every other awards show?) Once on stage, she talked about it being the show's 25th anniversary and then introduced Rhianna's performance. That's it! I wanted to see a Britney performace. It's not like I'm a fan of hers - I don't think she's a great artist, though she's had a few great singles, with "Toxic" and "I'm a Slave for You" being her best. I just like the idea of a comeback - the whole, yeah I've been going through some problems and you all thought it was over, but I'm back bitches. There was none of that though. I didn't watch the rest of the show, since I had no real interest. The VMAs have sucked ever since MTV started allowing the viewers to pick the nominees and the winners. It used to be a show that honored videos like Sinead O'Conner's "Nothing Compares 2 U," Madonna's "Ray of Light," and Jamiroquai's "Virtual Insanity." Now it's a show that honors the Jonas Brothers and the Pussycat Dolls. Don't let regular people vote for things! I mean just look at the People's Choice Awards or the Presidential Elections.

No comments: