Monday, September 22, 2008

Emmys - The Morning After

The Emmys were on last night and the show was.....well, dull. Yawn. I was happy with the best series wins - Mad Men and 30 Rock, especially Mad Men's win, since I didn't think it would happen. Earlier in the evening, when it lost directing to House, I thought it definitely wasn't going to win. Happily I was wrong, so there you go. There were a lot of negatives about the show, especially the hosting job (who thought that was a good idea), but I decided to focus my post on the highlights of the program.

10. Conan O'Brien - I just find him funny anytime he's on an awards show

9. Kristen Chenoweth and Neil Patrick Harris presenting together. They didn't really do anything, but it was nice to just see the two stand next to each other.

8. Jeremy Piven's jab at the show's opening "I don't want to just stand here talking for twelve minutes. That was the opening of the show"

7. Lee Pace and Kristen Chenoweth holding holding hands while their director Barry Sonnenfield accepted his award.

6. Heidi Klum in a men's suit

5. Alec Baldwin wins Best Actor in Comedy Series

4. Julia Lousi Dreyfus's reaction to Tina Fey saying she copies Julia when acting.

3. The Ricky Gervaise bit with Steve Carrell. Funny, funny, funny. This is why the Emmys need a comedian to host the show - they bring life to the program.

2. Don Rickles and Kathy Griffin presenting - Oh my God I was laughing my ass off. It was just surprising to see someone Rickles's age so quick on their feet with the humor. I thought Kathy was going to pee in here pants.

1. Mad Men winning Best Drama Series - YAY!

No comments: