Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Vin Diesel

In honor of the new release Fast & Furious, today's edition of Sunday Blessings is devoted to Vin Diesel. Now I could have gone with his co-star Paul Walker, but Vin Diesel is a much more interesting topic. His sexual appeal is almost a joke. He's an over-the-top, caricature of masculinity, with the inflated muscles and deep, gravelly voice. You hate to admit you're actually attracted to him without pretending you're being ironic about it. But then he'll take off his shirt and open his mouth, and you'll think to yourself, "Yeah, I'd get up on that." For me it's all about XXX. Covered in tattoos and wearing a fur coat and long-johns, he is increadibly hot. The movie is total crap, but I've still seen it on multiple occasions. I suppose you could say most of Vin Diesel's filmography is crap, which is unfortunate because the man has charisma and movie-star appeal. He just has bad taste in scripts. With regards to Fast & Furious opening, it's nice to see him have another hit, aafter a series of bombs. If I could give him him a little career advice, I'd tell him to be part of an ensemble in his next film, rather than lead. It did him well in Saving Private Ryan, and I think he could benefit the same way Mark Wahlberg and Jason Statham do.




No comments: