Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Channing Tatum

Today's edition of Sunday Blessings is devoted to actor Channing Tatum, mainly because anytime I sit down to watch TV, a commercial for his upcoming film Fighting airs. Honestly, in the last two weeks, I've not gone a single day without having to see the ad at least three times. It wore me down. Not really being the target demographic, I'm not going to see the film, but I'll give the producers/casting directors some credit for highering Tatum as the lead in the streetfighting movie. He at least looks like he's taken a punch or two to the face in his lifetime, unlike the pretty boys featured in last year's similary themed Never Back Down. Tatum's still a very attractive man, just not as delicately featured as NBD's star Sean Faris. Before transitioning to acting, Tatum was a dancer and model, as evidenced by the numerous photos of him in skimpy underwear or less. While most models turned actors suck at acting, he's actually a decent actor, giving notable performances in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints and Stop-Loss. I don't exactly know what kind of career path Tatum wants to take. He did the indie films for credibility as an actor and signed onto the upcoming G.I. Joe movie to be a big action star, but I don't know where Fighting fits in. It's a film with a specific targeted demographic, young men, without broader appeal. The film will probably make some decent money, but will anyone remember it two months later. Exchange streetfighting with car-racing and you've got a Paul Walker film, and really who wants to be Paul Walker? Sorry, that was kind of mean. I'm just trying to say if you want to follow a career path, don't follow Paul Walker's, especially if you have actual talent. Praise Jesus!




No comments: