Saturday, April 4, 2009

Damages Season 2 Finale

I've now watched it twice, and I'm still trying to digest the season finale of Damages. I'm still unclear as to whether it makes sense (with Damages making sense isn't always a priority). At what point did Tom and Patty get involved with his sister's investigation into Pell, Kendrick, and Agent Werner? If Tom knew why did he give Ellen a gun for her meeting with Patty, and why did he go storming into the law firm yelling, angry at Patty? I'm guessing their cooperation only began once patty recorded her conversation with Pell. Anyway, I found the finale interesting as it seemed Frobisher's and Daniel Purcell's storylines for the season had already been over with. We only witnessed Frobisher overseeing the construction of his well-being/rehab center, and Purcell having a conversation with Patty about their son. I'm sure they'll both be back for season three. Purcell still must have his trial and discover The Deacon killed his wife, not him. Frobisher will probably be involved in a plotline surrounding the death of Detective Messer. His death at the hands of Wes actually shocked me. I thought the show would have taken him and Wes in a completely different direction. I am disappointed that Anastasia Griffith was wasted this season as Katie Connor. She was upgraded to a series regular, but was less involved than last season. I suppose she'll be used in season three, as the private detective Ellen and Katie hired will most likely be looking into Messer's death and discover his connection with Wes. Although, you never know with this show, which is what I love best about it. This season started with the murder of Purcell's wife, but then spread into a plotline involving corporate and governmental corruption. With the finale I was also disappointed Marcia Gay Harden's Claire Maddox was nowhere to be seem. She was best in show this season, and SHOULD win the Emmy this year for Best Supporting Actress. Hopefully Marcia will be back next season. The show needs her, and not just because of he boobies. She brings a sex appeal, that is lacking from the other characters.

1 comment:

Cielo Ragazza said...

Well thank goodness I wasn't the only one that wasn't able to piece together when Patty got Tom involved. It just didn't make sense to me. It was pointing more to the fact that Patty was going to get Ellen for double crossing her in the first place. And we hadn't seen Tom's sister since about the 3rd or 4th episode. I have to say I was a little disappointed. It just seemed a little far fetched. There seemed to be a scene or two missing that might have pieced the information together. Other than that though, can't wait for season 2. I love it, it's the best TV we've had in years!