Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Blessings - The Ultimate Fighter

Two weeks ago I devoted Sunday Blessings to Channing Tatum, star of the feature film Fighting. This week I decided to devote Sunday Blessings to actual fighters, the contestants on Spike's reality series The Ultimate Fighter. For those who don't know the show, contestants in two different weight classes fight it out for a chance to receive a contract from the UFC. Now I have to admit Ultimate Fighting is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I'm not a big fan of the sport, but I'll watch it now and again, and I can ramble off a number of names who participate in the sport - can't say the same about baseball. I guess the whole homoerotic aspect of two guys in great shape rolling around on the floor together gets me. The Ultimate Fighter makes it a lot more interesting, as you get to witness the clashing personalities of the fighters outside of the cage. I usually route for the most attractive guys, because you have to admit cute guys are the main reason for watching reality shows. This season has contestants from the United States fighting contestants from the United Kingdom. The best looking guys on the US team are welterweights Mark Miller, who was defeated in the season's first fight, and Jason Pierce, and lightweight Santino Defranco. As for the UK, an overall better looking team, they have welterweights Nick Osipczak, David Faulkner, and James Wilks. It's just a pity most will destroy their faces and end up with crushed noses and cauliflower ears.

Mark Miller

Jason Pierce
Santino Defranco

Nick Osipczak

David Faulkner


James Wilks

No comments: