Friday, April 10, 2009

Amy Poehler in Parks and Recreation

How hilarious was last night's premiere of Parks and Recreation? It's not a perfect show, but there's so much potential for it to grow, especially since it has established an ongoing plotline. Having a talented supporting cast surround Amy Poehler also benefits the series, preventing it from becoming just a showcase for the actress, though an Amy Poehler showcase would still totally be watchable. I was happy to see Paul Schneider, whom I've had a crush on since The Assassination of Jesse James, as a cast member. It's nice to be able to see him on my television screen week after week, though I'd prefer to watch him on the big screen. As for the funniest bit from last night's episode, it has to be a tie between Amy tumbling down the pit and Loudon Wainwright III's cameo - "Now, I've got a few things I want to say about Laura Linney."

No comments: