Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Watchmen Edition

For today's edition of Sunday Blessings, the feature in which we praise Jesus for providing us with a hot piece of man tail, I decided to devote the post to the men of the just released film Watchmen, who apparently all seem to be connected to the talented Mary-Louise Parker. Hmm? At first I thought I would just do a post about Patrick Wilson, who plays Night Owl, but I thought to myself, "Hey, what about Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Matthew Goode, and Billy Crudup? I can't forget about them!" They're all yummy in their own sort of way. Patrick Wilson is the all-American boy, who thankfully has no qualms about nudity - Angels in America, Little Children - all good! Jeffrey Dean Morgan has a rough, sexiness about him, although he seems to be stuck in the tamer chick-flick genre of film and television. Matthew Goode is the British, aristocratic naughty boy type, but I might just be forever liking him to his Match Point character. Then there's Billy Crudup, whose sex appeal I sometimes forget, but was reminded of as he made the talkshow rounds promoting Watchmen. The man has charisma to spare. Why doesn't Hollywood do more with him? Earlier I had mentioned the Watchmen were seemingly all connected to actress Mary-Louise Parker, and here's where we can begin. Crudup was partnered with Parker, but broke up with her while she pregnant with their son. Afterward, Parker dated Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who also played her deceased husband on Weeds. Then there's Patrick Wilson who played her closeted husband in the miniseries adaptation of Angels in America. So there you go. As for the film, I doubt I'll go see it in the theatre. Judging by the reviews, I was probably right with my suspicions of Zak Snyder lazily being faithful to the graphic novel, and after 300 and this, I think we can all agree Snyder's got some issues. And to think, after the remake of Dawn of the Dead, I was so hopeful for his career. I got distracted; what was I talking about? Oh yes...hot men. Wilson, Morgan, Goode, Crudup - hot. Amen!

Patrick Wilson

Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Matthew Goode

Billy Crudup

No comments: