Friday, March 27, 2009

Samantha Who? I've Missed You

Christina Applegate's series Samantha Who? returned to air last night, and I couldn't be happier. I didn't realize how much I missed the series until watching last night's episode. It's by no means the greatest show on television, but it's always funny and has a great ensemble, which is highly underrated. Christina Applegate is hilarious as the amnesiac trying to reconcile her past self to become a better person, and the trio of Jean Smart, Melissa McCarthy, and Jennifer Esposito are game as her mother and friends, who use Samantha's amnesia for their own benefits. Funny ladies all. I only wish the series would have larger plotlines for the supporting actresses. Last night's brief storyline of Dena carrying out an email relationship with a soldier, who'd send her appliances, had be dying.

No comments: