Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Michael Trucco


The series finale of Battlestar Galactica airs this Friday, and in honor of this, I'm devoting Sunday Blessings to Michael Trucco, otherwise known as Sam Anders, husband of Kara "Starbuck" Thrace and cylon. I previously did a post on co-star Jamie Bamber, and decided to pick Trucco, out of the remaining cast, because this will probably be the last opportunity to do so. Not to sound like a jerk, which I will anyway, but I wouldn't consider him a great actor. He's mainly eye-candy, and actors known more for their looks than their talent have a harder time finding decent work once they reach a certain age. I'm not saying it's a fair deal. We have to put up with a bunch of starlets running around in films and television with no real talent, so why can we not have just as much male eye-candy. Plus, most men don't achieve full hotness until they're in their mid to late thirties, at least I think so. But regardless, I don't expect Trucco to get any great acting gigs in the future, so let's appreciate him now. The man is quite a looker, with a rocking body, but what I think gets me most is his eyes. He has a piercing stare, which would probably make me buckle under if I were to see him in person. With regards to the show, I'm really liking the arc of his character. Sam Anders went from simply being Starbuck's lover, though probably not the love of her life, to finding out he's a cylon who used to live on Earth and helped to create the other cylon models. Now he's in a coma, only able to "communicate" when plugged into the cylons' technology, but I'm guessing there's more to the story, based upon the flashback of him on Caprica from this past Friday's episode. Sigh. Oh gods I'm going to miss this series when it ends. After watching series like this, Mad Men, Lost, and even to a certain extant Damages, it's hard to watch other programs. I just wind up thinking to myself, "Really, that's all you got?" Anyway, let's praise Jesus for Battlestar Galactica and the hotness that is Michael Trucco. Amen.


No comments: