Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wednesday Night Television

Based on the programs which air that night, Wednesday night should be called OH MY GOD WEDNESDAY. Almost all my favorite TV shows air that night, and at the end of each of them, I'm usually saying, "Oh my God! Oh my God!" Last night was no different. First was Lost, where Jin washed ashore alive, but back in time with a young, pregnant Rousseau and her team. Then, came Life on Mars, where we finally discovered why he had to go into the basement. Although I think the whole episode was botched as a result of them moving around the epsiodes. Whatever. I just hope the network doesn't cancel the show until they can wrap up the storyline. Damages and Top Chef air at the same time as Life on Mars, but luckily they replay later in the evening. I continue to be riveted by Damages. What is going on with that show? Who does she shoot? Top Chef kind of annoyed me again last night, with the elimination of Jamie ovcr Leah and Hosea. Jamie actually knew how to make the dish and what her mistakes were. Hosea and Leah didn't know what they were doing, especially Leah who didn't seem to have a clue. Yet she's still here. Leah should have been bounced a while ago, but I'm guessing the producers want to keep her around with Hosea, hoping something romantic happens between the two. Also, I just want to add, I hope the show gets rid of new judge Toby Young. He doesn't bring any constructive criticism, only thinking of creative ways to insult the food and the chefs. What I liked about the Bravo competition shows was they didn't serve to humiliate their contestants, unlike other reality shows.... cough, American Idol, cough. Now they bring in this guy, and its as if they're trying to emulate the meanness of those programs. Don't go that way, Top Chef! You're better than that.

No comments: