Sunday, February 22, 2009

Indie Spirit Winners

I did pretty well in my predictions. I was surprised my the Best Director win for The Visitor. Tom McCarthy is actually kind of adorable, so I wish he would just shave off that god-awful beard. It's not doing anything for him! Also, I knew I should have predicted Penelope Cruz for Supporting Actress, but I thought they wouldn't give her the prize, seeing as she has a decent chance at the Oscars, and they would want to award DeWitt, since she seems to have been forgotten all awards season. I was wrong. Poor Rachel Getting Married. Even the Indie Spirit Awards don't want to go near it. What is it, radioactive?

The Winners:

Feature: The Wrestler
Female Lead: Melissa Leo - Frozen River
Male Lead: Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler
Supporting Female: Penelope Cruz - Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Supporting Male: James Franco - Milk
Director: Thomas McCarthy - The Visitor
Screenplay: Woody Allen - Vicky Cristina Barcelona
First Screenplay: Dustin Lance Black - Milk
Cinematography: The Wrestler
First Feature: Synecdoche, New York
Foreign Film: The Class
Documentary: Man on Wire

No comments: