Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's Been One Week..

I haven't posted since before last Sunday's Oscar ceremony. Sorry. Marisa Tomei's gorgeous dress caught my attention, preventing me from accomplishing any tasks for a week. It's true! Well, not really. Anyway what did I think about the show? I liked it, aside from the Slumdog Millionaire sweep. I find sweeps in general boring - a movie cannot be the best in every category. Hugh Jackman was splendid as the host. Hopefully he'll be brought back nexy year. I enjoyed the storyline of the awards, showing the process of filmmaking from script to post-production, and I really liked the acting presentations, bringing out former winners in the category to present the current nominees. Best of the bunch was Shirley MacLaine discussing Anne Hathaway They should bring that part back again, but maybe shorten each of the introductions and include clips of the films. Just an idea.

No comments: