Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's Been a While...

I haven't posted all week, and in actuality, I haven't posted much in the past two weeks. Come next week, I should be posting regularly again. This post is specifically about last night's television, which has quickly become my favorite night of television. The night is so worthy of me staying home and watching television live rather than recording my programs - Lost, Life on Mars, Damages, and Top Chef are all worth it. It was nice to see Jeff brought back on Top Chef, even if it only turned out to be for one challenge, and I'm happy to see Carla win the challenge and continue onto the finale. Since they kept Stefan over Fabio in the end, it's now obvious he's going to win. I'd be shocked if he didn't, but I'm still rooting for Carla. Life on Mars had a great episode last night, after having had a series of only decent to good episodes since returning. Before canceling it, I really hope the network allows the show to wrap up its storylines. Nothing, however, beat Lost, which opened with Jack waking up on the island, and flashing back to see how he got to there with the rest of the Oceanic Six. The show, thankfully, seemed to slow its pace down, in order to deal with character development. I also enjoy how it appears the show has gone full circle. The series started with the characters stranded on an island after a plane crash, with flashbacks that detailed how each of them came to be on the plane, and now the characters have arrived back on the island after a "plane crash?," and the show will provide flashbacks of how they got onto the second plane. I love it! It was good to see Said Taghmaoui finally appear on the show. I've like Said since seeing him in Three Kings and have been excited ever since learning he was to appear on the Lost. I can't wait to see what happens or happend with his character. Speaking of character actors I enjoy, Lynn Cohen appeared on Damages last night, as the ailing wife of Patty's go-to-guy/uncle. Hopefully it wasn't a one shot deal.

No comments: