Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Clive Owen

So today's edition of Sunday Blessings focuses on Clive Owen, mainly because of the constant barage of commercials for his upcoming film The International. What I find most interesting about the film is the complete lack of desire I have for seeing it. That's actually a big deal. I love Clive Owen, I really like Naomi Watts, and I like director Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run!), yet I have no desire to see the film. Should I blame the commercials for my lack of desire. Ummm? Sure. They're boring! Anyway, I'll probably still wind up seeing the film, most likely on DVD or cable, because I love Clive Owen. Look at those eyes! It's as if he's staring right through you. I think Mr. Owen's main appeal, at least for me, is the combination of smooth and rough. He has that suave demeanor, which could charm almost anyone, but also looks a bit beat up, which makes him appear a tad dangerous and scary. It's a combination also found in Daniel Craig. Hmmm... Now I'm thinking about them both together. Sigh. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts! For the best example of Clive Owen's appeal, watch Closer, where his character is kind of an a**hole, but you still want to jump his bones. How I wanted to be Natalie Portman in that movie - juggling Clive and Jude Law. It's ever girl's dream! Praise Jesus!



No comments: