Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Daniel Dae Kim

Just a quick write up for today's edition of Sunday Blessings. In honor Jin's return on Lost, I decided to give thanks for Daniel Dae Kim. One half of the couple I consider to be the heart of the series. The other being Sun, played by the marvelous Yunjin Kim, who somehow still doesn't have an Emmy nomination. Lost is known for putting beefcake on display, with shirtless scenes of Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox, Henry Ian Cusick, and Naveen Andrews. Over the course of the series, it's also lost a good deal of hotness, with killing off Ian Somerhalder, Rodrigo Santoro, Dominic Monaghan, and Matthew Fox's chest hair (I think that hurt me the most), so I'm glad Daniel remains on the series. The show continues to be addictive, going full steam ahead and wrapping up all its plot strings. If I have one suggestion about this season, it's that I wish the series would take a breather every once and a while. It's currently very plot heavy, and I always thought what made the series great was its ability to stray from the central plotline and deal with emotional relationships and have comic situations that weren't necessarily important to the great plan of the series. I wish it would interject some of that this season. Anyway, I know I got off track. This was meant to be an appreciation of Daniel Dae Kim's beauty, and isn't he beautiful looking? I'm happy he's back on the show, and here's hoping he shows some more skin this season. Praise Jesus!


No comments: