Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Henry Rollins


Last week I went outside the box and devoted Sunday Blessings to actor Jason Schwartzman. This week I'm going back to a traditional pick, choosing a large, muscled man(hey, what can I say, I have a type), but I'm still deviating from the norm. I'm devoting today's edition of Sunday Blessings to punk icon and current talk show host, Henry Rollins. Yeah, that's right Henry Rollins. Now you may be thinking that he's too scary and angry. Well, on stage, yes he is, but that's half the appeal. The other half of the appeal is the witty, sensitive side of him which comes across in his interviews and stand-up routines. Ok, his rocking body is also an important feature when talking about his attractive qualities. I remember back in the early nineties, when I was a wee lad, seeing his video for "Liar" on MTV. He appears in a cop uniform and a superman costume, and he's often half naked, parading around in just shorts, which is his perferred attire when performing. How I was smitten with this angry, screaming man. I doubt it was his intent, but that video was seriously homoerotic. Although, isn't his whole persona kind of homoerotic? I'm just thinking to myself here. The one drawback of Rollins' career and existance, however, is that the lead singer of every wannabe punk rock band tries to be him. Seriously, if you've ever been to a small, punk show, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's like, "Yeah, you're exactly like Henry Rollons, well, except for the rocking body, sex appeal, wit, originality, and you know, talent. Other than that, you're just like him!" Yeesh. But anyway, let us all praise Jesus for gifting us with Henry Rollins' hot body. Amen




No comments: