Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Chris Evans


After continuosly seeing the god-awful commercials for the upcoming movie Push, I caved in and decided to do a posting on the star of the film Chris Evans. Yes, the movie looks horrible and yes, it looks exactly like last year's release Jumper. I, of course, never bothered to see that film, nor will I ever see Push, but it does have one thing Jumper didn't and that's Chris Evans. He is definitely more appealing as a lead than Hayden Christiansen. Unlike Christiansen, Evan's proved that he can actually act. He demonstrated some decent comic timing in Not Another Teen Movie and was the best thing about Fantastic Four. The man's also a lot hotter than Mr. Christiansen. Sure he has the whole dumb jock persona, which isn't typically the type of guy I go for, except for maybe Seann William Scott, but I still completely go for him. It's really all about the body. I know that sounds completely superficial, but this post isn't about finding the perfect guy. It's about objectifying hot men! Anyway, I wish Evans would do the sort of roles Mark Wahlberg is good at. Wahlberg's almost over-the-top masculitnity works best as part of an ensemble and in comedies. He was genius in I Heart Huckabees. I think Chris Evans would do well if he did the same. So Mr. Evans, please try avoiding the leading man actions roles. Oh and make sure you're shirtless for at least one scene in every film you're in. Thanks. Praise Jesus!




No comments: