Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Chris Messina

This week's edition of Sunday Blessings is devoted to character actor Chris Messina. Now, you're probably wondering who the hell Chris Messina is. Well, damn it I'll you. He might be familiar to you after popping up in a number of indie features including Towelhead, Ira and Abby, Vicky Christina Barcelona, and the recently released Away We Go. He will also be featured next month in the Meryl Streep film Julie & Julia, playing Amy Adams' husband. I, however, will always think of him as Claire's boyfirend Ted, from the final season of HBO's Six Feet Under. How could you not fall in love with that character? Sigh... I miss that show. So why exactly did Chris Messina all of a sudden come to mind when deciding whom to center this post on? Yesterday, I watched the Patrick Dempsey rom-com Made of Honor, which is such a irritatingly crappy film, and in the film Messina has the thankless role of Dempsey's jerky friend (though really all the roles in the film are thankless). While sitting though the horror, I had to focus on something positive, and, of course, male eye candy won out. Since I had previously posted about co-star Kevin McKidd, and Patrick Dempsey takes some hits from me for being the star of the picture, though I did appreciate the scene in which he wore a way-too-short kilt, Messina gets the post devoted to him. Let's just hope he never appears in a film this bad again. Amen.



No comments: