Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kathy Griffin to Host the Schmemmys

Story at ETOnline. Funny lady Kathy Griffin was chosen to host this year's Primetime Creative Arts Emmys, or as Kathy as has famously called them the "Schmemmys." It's actually a brave decision to choose her as host, particularly considering her "Suck on it Jesus" acceptance speech from two years ago. I can't wait to see how this turns outs, but I'm just hoping she doesn't turn down her brand of humor too much. I understand she doesn't want to anger the voters and award's body, but as proven by her two Emmy wins, they can actually appreciate her jokes. In realted news, Griffin was nominated, again, for two Emmys - one for her reality series My Life on the D-List and one for her special She'll Cut a Bitch. I wonder if Kathy can win three years in a row for Best Reality Series. Her biggest competitor Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, wasn't even nominated this year. However, Mythbusters, which is such a guilty pleasure for me, did finally receive a nomination in the category, after several years of being snubbed, so yay! I'll further discuss this years' Emmy noms either later tonight or tomorrow. There we're actually several wtf omissions and inclusions, both good and bad.

No comments: