Friday, July 24, 2009

Congratulations Anna

Last night on the finale of The Fashion Show, it was revealed Anna won the competition based on voting from the viewers. Anna had been my favorite competitor during the course of the season, though I wasn't a big fan of her final collection, as it lacked cohesion and rehashed previous designs, but I'm still happy for her. I thought she had a good chance of winning, since her outfits had the most saleability, appealing to a broad demographic. She definitly could find success starting her own line of clothing, but based upon her collection, I don't believe she could be a great "designer," though I could be totally wrong - her "vagina dress" and the Swarovski evening gown both showed ingenuity. Anna's fellow finalist, Daniella, was chosen as the judges' favorite, receiving a much smaller check than Anna as a prize. Poor James-Paul went home empty handed. I did like his final collection best. During last night's finale we also got to see the rest of the contestants in a reunion situation. Jonny D was sporting a bizarre mohawk, though I still found him hot. I'm still annoyed that he was the first to be kicked off, particularly because Kristin quit the show right after his elimination, and that would have been reason enough to bring him back. Grrrr! The final collections by Johnny R and Merlin, which were used as decoys during the final runway, were also shown, and let me just say "Yowza," in regards to Merlin's collection. I actually sort of enjoyed the over-the-top theatrics of his collection, but it was most definitly a costume showcase rather than a fashion show.

No comments: