Monday, September 7, 2009

Design Star "Celebrity" Episode

On last night's episode of HGTV's Design Star, the final three contestants designed rooms for celebrities - Tiffani Thiessen, Jason Priestly and my girl Kathy Griffin. The episode was a hottie showcase, beginning with contestant Dan getting out of bed shirtless, and featuring Mr. Priestly, whom I've had a crush on since the early days of 90210, and Tiffani Thiessen's husband, actor Brady Smith. The guy is in almost every commercial on television and he always grabs my attention. Someone really needs to cast him on a series, preferably one on HBO which features nudity. It was also fun to watch the producers and editors trying to make sure Kathy didn't hijack the episode, which she can do so easily. Her room makeover was probably the least well done, but her designer Antonio stayed because of his personality. I actually don't disagree with the judges decision. Lonni, who was kicked off, did a better room, but she doesn't have a personality that could carry a series. Dan, while pretty, probably couldn't carry one either, unless of course, he did every episode in his underwear, which I wouldn't be opposed to. Plus HGTV already has a hot gay Design Star winner with David Bromstad. That leaves Antonio as the inevitable winner, as long as he doesn't completely botch the final challenge, and I have to admit, in his own sort of way, Antonio is kind of sexy. I'm guessing the accent and tattoos are probably what do it for me.

No comments: