Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lily Tomlin Joining Damages

I forgot to discuss the news, but last week it was announced Lily Tomlin would join the cast of Damages for its third season, along with Martin Short and Campbell Scott. Tomlin and Scott will play a mother and son who go up against Patty Hewes, while Short will be playing their attorney. I'm very excited for the casting news, particularly for Tomlin, as the show's greatest quality is its creation of interesting female characters. She should definitely have great material to work with - a show down between her and Close must be epic! I do have the slightest disappointment that this likely means Tomlin won't be returning to Desperate Housewives, which I though she was a hoot on last season. How did she not get an Emmy nomination for it? The casting of Campbell Scott and Martin Short is also promising, though I do hope Short's performance isn't pitched to the rafters, as is sometimes the case. With all these additions to the program's cast, hopefully Marcia Gay Harden manages to make a reappearance on the program. I loved her performance and character, not to mention her boobies!

No comments: