Friday, August 21, 2009

Top Chef Season Premiere

The season premiere of Top Chef aired on Bravo this past Wednesday night, and it was a welcome return. They started this season with a mise en place relay race, which I always enjoy, and it was made better by having four teams participate. I do feel bad for Preeti, who was made to shuck clams by her team even though she'd never done it before. Honestly, if you know one of your teammates has never done something, why would you give the person that task to complete? You're going to lose. My favorite contestants, based entirely on physical appearance, are the Voltaggio brothers, Michael and Bryan. I also enjoy the adorable Frenchman, Mattin, and Jen C., who won the quickfire challenge and has a cockiness about her that makes me want to route for her. As for the rest of the contestants, they look as if Bravo just dragged them out of a stoner party in someone's dingy basement. A couple of them would gross me out if I were to ever see them preparing my food. Kevin seriously needs to shave off whatever that thing on his face is.

No comments: