Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh, Kathy I'm Gonna Miss You

It seemed Kathy Griffin was everywhere the last few days. She attened the taping of the Teen Choice Awards on Sunday, with date Levi Johnston - a hilarious publicity stunt. Also on Sunday, Comedy Central aired The Roast of Joan Rivers, which was hosted by Kathy. It was funny, with relativlely unknown comic Whitney Cummings and the roasted Rivers herself having the two funniest sets. Then last night, Kathy guest-hosted Larry King Live, interviewing Joan Rivers and her date Levi Johnston. In a bizarre sort of way, I love the fact Levi is becoming a male equivalent of Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian (famous for being famous), as admittedly he's nice to look at. I just wish he'd have a more engaging personality. To top off the past couple nights, the season finale of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List aired on Bravo, and I'm going to miss the show. I originally had qualms about the series being so filled with celebrity guests this season, but I have to admit it might have been its best season yet. I smell another Emmy. But now, sigh, we're going to have to wait until next year to see Kathy's further adventures. That's too far of a wait! I also wonder where the show will go from here. I suppose next season could center around Kathy promoting her upcoming tell-all book, which will be released next month. How great is that book going to be? Hopefully Kathy will actually be able to do the talk show circuit, considering how many shows she's banned from.

No comments: