Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Return of Kathy Griffin

The fifth season of Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-List began last night on Bravo, and like any good gay, I couldn't be happier to have Kathy back on my television screen. Some changes have occurred since last season. Her assistant Jessica has left, which kind of alters the dynamic between Kathy and her other assistants, Tiffany and Tom, and the show has taken on a talk show aspect, as Kathy interviews a celebrity, Bette Midler in the premiere, for half the episode. The show remains hilarious and entertaining - I'm still laughing over Kathy hiding behind the hotel plants, while dressed in a hoodie and sunglasses, though I do miss her struggle through various paid D-list gigs. I do understand her wanting to slightly alter the show, as it must be daunting task keeping a reality series going after several seasons.

No comments: