Thursday, June 25, 2009

Marry Me Ludo!

I'm speaking of chef Ludovic Lefebvre, who competed on last night's episode of Top Chef Masters. His temper would eventually annoy me, so really I wouldn't want to marry him, but an angry, shaggy, heavily-inked Frenchman - I want that naked in my kitchen! Ludo didn't win, meaning, unfortunately, we won't see more of him in the challenge, but I am happy with the actual winner chef Rick Bayless. This is the third episode in a row, where I believe the most deserving person actually won. What I like most about Masters is the scoring process, where in each judge gives up to five stars for a meal and the person with the most stars wins. The process makes the decision seem objective, or as objective as critiquing food can possibly be. On the original Top Chef, the contestants backstories and personalities can often influence the judges/producers decision making. Had Masters featured the same panel and judging process, Hubert Keller, Suzanne Tracht, and Rick Bayless would most likely not have been the winners, replaced, instead, by Tim Love, Graham Elliot Bowles, and probably my Ludo.

No comments: