Friday, June 19, 2009

The Real Housewives of New Jersey Finale

I'm a reality TV junkie. I finally admit to it. While I've tried to act as though I'm better than those who sit and watch "reality" series, I am one of them. I've accepted the label recently, due to my love of Bravo's The Real Housewives of New Jersey. By no means is it the best of the Real Housewives franchise - that distinction goes to New York- but there is something absolutely delicious about the women of New Jersey. I was born and raised in New Jersey, so I'd guess much of the show's appeal to me is based on recognizing character types from my own life. Honestly these girls are Jersey girls. The first season of the series culminated this week with a finale involving the greatest dinner table fight/blowup ever put on camera, with Danielle instigating drama, Caroline revealing she had spread word of "the book," Jacqueline growing a backbone, and Teresa flipping furniture. Ohhh, I hate to admit it, but I loved every minute of it. With much of the drama based on events off-camera, its hard to know what exactly is the truth, but my guess would be Danielle, feeling rejected by Dina, spread gossip (either true of not) about her, and in retaliation Caroline dug up the book to protect her younger sister. I don't know, but I cannot wait until next week's reunion.

No comments: