Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Eric Bana

This week's installment of Sunday Blessings focuses on actor Eric Bana, co-star of the upcoming Star Trek feature. Now, I admit my picks for Sunday Blessings are often himbos who have little, if any, real acting chops, but this week I've picked someone who has talent and proven it. Bana's big break into films was the Australian bio-pic Chopper, in which he proved to have an engaging star presense, giving a warrented over-the-top performance. He followed up with servicable performances in Black Hawk Down and The Hulk, working with talented auteurs Ridley Scott and Ang Lee. That's not a bad career move. The American public finally took notice of him in the sword-and-sandals epic Troy. While the film sucked, Bana easily gave the best performance - proabably his best performance to date - and was the sexiest thing about it, which is impressive considering Troy also featured Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom. Bana's subsequent roles haven't especially been noteworthy. His performance in Munich was somehow off, but I blame that on Spielberg's direction, and I didn't even bother to seem him in Lucky You and The Other Boleyn Girl. Regardless, I'm still fascinated by the actor. I'm interested in how he handles the role of villian in Star Trek, though the shaved head and pointy ears look doesn't suit him, and I'm looking forward to his role in The Time Traveler's Wife, released later this year. Rumor is there's a good deal of nudity. When in regards to Eric Bana, that's definitely a good thing. Amen!




No comments: