Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Blessings - Mike Rowe


Last week's edition of Sunday Blessings featured Bear Grylls of the Discovery Channel's Man vs. Wild, and I thought I'd follow up with a post devoted to another sexy host of a Discovery program, Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs. Ok, yes I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but i find the guy incredibly hot. Mike's kind of got the whole daddy thing going for him, which again is not for everyone, but I can certainly appreciate an attractive man who's approaching middle-age. You have to at least give him props for being comfortable enough with his body, and it is a good body, particulary his chest, to appear shirtless in a number of episodes. The show features Mike performing various jobs, predominately ones that involve him being covered in some kind of filth, which is why it's called Dirty Jobs, but even after seeing him covered in ash, mud, animal manure or worse, I think all he needs is a shower and then I'd still hit it. Hell, if it's just mud he's covered with, I wouldn't even wait for him to take a shower, because sometimes being dirty can be fun. Anyway, the funniest thing I ever saw on his show was an episode in which he was working at a reptile or alligator farm/zoo, and one of the zoo's workers had to jump atop an alligator so they could drag it out of the water. The worker told Mike to take his shirt off and then jump on top of him, once he's on top of the alligator. So the guy jumps on the gator, and Mike takes off his shirt and jumps onto the guy's back. At this point Mike and any viewer realized there was absolutely no reason for him to take his shirt off. It was as if this zoo worker had some repressed homoerotic crush on Mike and thought this was a way to trick Mike into getting on top of him half-naked. Although, really who could blame him. I want Mike shirtless on top of me, though pantless would be better. Praise Jesus!





No comments: