Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Blessings - Gerard Butler


Today's eye candy is Gerard Butler, star of a bunch of films I have no desire of seeing. Seriously. Lara Croft Tombraider: The Cradle of Life - no thanks, The Phantom of the Opera -god no, PS, I Love You - a rom-com with Hilary Swank, yeesh, 300 - even with all the half-naked men, I still don't want to watch it. The only films I've actually seen him in are Mrs. Brown and Reign of Fire, one good and one bad. So why am I doing a posting on him? It doesn't have anything to do with his choice in films or acting talent, which I actually think he does have. Butler has the right charisma for a movie star, it just hasn't been put to good use as of yet, or at least I haven't yet seen a movie featuring it. RocknRolla was recently released and recieved good reviews, but it was a Guy Richie film, so I had no interest in paying to see it in theatres. Maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on video. Getting back to the eye candy, the most important aspect of Mr. Butler, afterall, what is it about Scottish men? Butler, McGregor, McAvoy, McKidd - are all guys from Scotland that hot, or is it that all the hot ones become actors. Perhaps unbelievably sexy men are the nation's greatest exports. You're doing a hell of a job, Scotland. Keep up the good work! Let's all hope Butler gets the right role in the right film, and that role features a lot of nudity. Amen. Praise Jesus!




No comments: