Saturday, November 15, 2008

RDJ Named EW's Entertainer of the Year

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly features their list of the top 25 entertainers of the year, with Robert Downey Jr. being named #1. I can't really argue with their choice. He gave an energizing performance in a summer blockbuster, turning him into an A-list action star after having already spent over two decades in the business, and followed it up with well recieved performance in a comedy. The rest of EW's list, however, is kind of all over the place.

2. Tina Fey - yes definitely!
3. The Cast and Crew of The Dark Knight - of course
4. The Gossip Girls (Blake Lively & Leighton Meester) - kind of high?
5. Stephenie Meyer - enough with Twilight pimping!
6. Lil Wayne - I guess...I don't know?
7. Rock Band - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I don't understand the popularity.
8. Sex and the City Women - sure, though the movie was a let down quality-wise
9. Jonas Brothers - shouldn't talent and not just popularity be taken into account
10. TV's Talking Heads/Political Pundits - yeah to Maddow, Behar, Matthews
11. Meryl Streep - always!
12. Stars of the Bravo Network - sure, especially Tim Gunn
13. James Franco - interesting pick
14. WALL-E - adorable, should have been paired with Po from Kung Fu Panda
15. Coldplay - eh, really? I like them, but still...eh?
16. Elizabeth Banks - this pick makes me happy
17. Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim - I love the two of them, but I find it odd
18. Kid Rock - yawn
19. Jon Hamm - should be a lot higher, especially after SNL
20. Facebook - I'm on it, but I still find it annoying
21. Katy Perry - fine, whatever
22. Richard Jenkins - I love the fact he's finally getting attention
23. Boring Ogre Face - go away already!
24. Leona Lewis - over Estelle, Adele, and Duffy....I think not!
25. Neil Patrick Harris - this pick also makes me happy, now give him an Emmy

No comments: