Friday, October 24, 2008

Why is Scott Patterson in Saw V?

For the last few days, I've been seeing commericals for Saw V and only yesterday, realized that Scott Patterson was in the movie. I then looked it up on line and found out that he was also in Saw IV. Why is he in this crap? Scott Patterson will always be Luke Danes, the gruff diner owner and love interest of Lorelei Gilmore, on the series Gilmore Girls - Oh, how I miss that show. I loved Patterson on that show, and I liked him on his follow up series Aliens in America, which, unfortunately, was cancelled after only one season. Now he's doing Saw movies? I guess he needed the paycheck. Let's hope better work comes through for him. Speaking of the Saw movies, I don't get them. I saw the first one, and I didn't find it scary at all. It was just gross. A horror movie should scare me. It shouldn't just make me look away in disgust from the gross-out factor. Where are the good horror films! So anyway, here's a list of my top 10 horror films

1. Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock, 1960)
2. Rosemary's Baby (Roman Polanski, 1968)
3. The Exorcist (William Friedkin, 1973)
4. Carrie (Brian De Palma, 1976)
5. Alien (Ridley Scott, 1979)
6. Halloween (John Carpenter, 1978)
7. The Birds (Alfred Hitchcock, 1963)
8. Dawn of the Dead (George A. Romero, 1978)
9. Night of the Living Dead (George A. Romero, 1968)
10. The Haunting (Robert Wise, 1963)

Apparently the 70s were a good decade for horror.

No comments: