Thursday, October 16, 2008

Congratulations Leanne

The season finale of Project Runway was last night, and designer Leanne was crowned the winner, which was deserving. A win by Korto would have also made me happy. Leanne's detail work was impecable, with all the waves and the petals, and her wedding dress was to die for. I do understand the judges concerns about her, in regards to her colors and constant use of pleating. She limited her color range to just white, tan and a teal blue, since her inspiration for the collection was water and waves, but I think she could have expanded her color palette by using various shades of blue and gray, maybe incorporate silver and yellow, representing sunlight reflecting off the water. But still, I think her collection provided a specific viewpoint. Kenley's, on the other hand was just a big HUH? I liked some of the pieces she had, but I don't think it was cohesive. The white dress with the painted-on flower sash was too cutesy, and the 40s/80s imspired green uber-bitch dress was just ugly. Plus, I just found her reallyannoying, so I'm glad she didn't win, and I'm still upset over the fact that Terri didn't get to show at Bryant Park. She was probably my favorite designer from the beginning, and the fact that she got thrown out for making one bad outfit, while others (Suede) kept making bad outfits but stayed to the top 5, and got to show at Fashion week is just really annoying.

No comments: