Friday, October 10, 2008

The Week in Review

It's been a busy week for me, and as a result I've only done one post since Sunday. It's tough finding time to get around to writing these things. Well, that and the fact I have commitment problems, as anyone who knows me can vouch for. So here's a quick run through of what things happened this week, which I actually care to comment on. Not really gonna mention the fact that the stock market and the economy are tanking, leading to a rough future where I'll probably have to work until my 70s before I can retire. Let's just not talk about that.

MONDAY - Box Office numbers came in for the weekend, and Beverly Hills Chihuahua was number one with 29 million. Eww. What's actually even sadder is I know people who paid to see it. Trying to find the bright side of this - um, congratulations to Jamie Lee Curtis and maybe she'll get some better work.

TUESDAY - Presidential Debate #2 - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Yawn. In a grimace inducing moment, McCain refered to Obama as "that one." Ok, I don't want to sound really mean, but there were times McCain came off as some creepy old guy shuffling about and getting ready to attack the audience. There came a point where he stood on the side of one of the bleachers with his arm reaching toward the audience, and all I imagined was him saying, "I'm gonna getcha'! I'm gonna getcha'." HA!

WEDNESDAY - Pushing Daisies was great adorable, but tanked in the ratings. Please ABC don't cancel it! Try it out on another night, like Sunday's at eight, before doing anything rash. Also Jerrell got kicked off Project Runway. Awww. Damn you Kenley for making a cute wedding dress, even though it's completely derivative of Alexander McQueen and last season's winner Christian. Damn you! Korto or Leanne better win this.

THURSDAY - Umm? Life on Mars premiered. It was good. Hopefully it will last. Jason O'Mara is hot. That is all.

No comments: