Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Alex O'Loughlin

With the premiere of Three Rivers tonight on CBS, today's edition of Sunday Blessings is devoted to its star, Alex O'Loughlin. To be honest I'm most likely not going to watch the program, since I have my usual Sunday night routine of Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters and Mad Men. Plus, I have general fatigue over hospital dramas - I quit watching Grey's Anatomy midway through last season. I am tempted to watch Three Rivers, as it's set in Pittsburgh, a place dear to my heart since I attended college there, though I doubt it's actually filmed in the city. The hotness factor of O'Loughlin is also tempting me to watch the show. It's the eyes that draw me in. You do have to give props to CBS for recognizing they have a potential star in the actor, even after cancelling his first series, the vampire drama Moonlight. The network execs must be kicking themselves, having aired it right before the current love of all things vampire broke. O'Laughlin gained a huge cult following from Moonlight, and CBS was smart enough to keep him on their network, giving him a guest spot last season on the god-awful Criminal Minds, followed by a staring role on Three Rivers. Hopefully it works out better for actor.





No comments: